- Spicy Garlic Oil or Roasted Garlic Oil
- 2 ounces Dry White Cooking Wine
- 2 ounces Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 ounces-Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup-Chopped Red Onions
- 2-8 ounce Ahi Tuna Steak
- Heat garlic oil in a nonstick skillet over a medium-low heat, and then add sliced onions, stirring occasionally until the onions turn translucent.
- While onions cook, generously apply salt and pepper to the tuna.
- Remove the onions from the pan and raise heat to medium high and sear the tuna for about 2 minutes on each side.
- While the tuna sears mix 6 ounces sweet chili sauce, with 2 ounces of dry white cooking wine and 2 ounces red wine vinegar.
- Turn heat to low and return the onions to the pan with your mixture of wine and sweet chili sauce.
- Cover the skillet to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove the tuna and then pour the desired amount of sauce over your steaks.