PICO DE GALO:
- 1 Hothouse Tomato, pulped and julienne
- 1/4 of a Large White Onion, julienne
- 1 Serrano Pepper, finely chopped (can do more or less depending on what level of spice you want. Also can do seed in or seed out for same purpose.)
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Cilantro
- Juice from 1 Lemon
REST OF RECIPE:
- 1 pound of fresh Mahi, skinless and boneless
- Olive Oil
- 12 Yellow Corn Tortillas, softened (Just before the Mahi is done, coat tortillas with a bit of oil and lightly fry for 1/2 a minute each side.)
- 4-5 Ounces of Crumbled Queso Fresco
- 1 small bottle of Crema Fresca (This and the Queso Fresco should be next to one another.)
- 1 or 2 Large Avocados, sliced into small slivers.
- For the Pico de Gallo, mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and toss until well mixed.
- Preheat a pan with a touch of olive oil over medium heat. Add Mahi to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until internal temperature of 145 degrees. You can start lightly frying the tortillas while you are cooking the fish. After Mahi is done, remove from pan and cut in 2-3 inch by 1 inch segments.
- To assemble tacos, add a few slivers of Mahi to each tortilla then top with pico, avocado, crema fresca, and queso fresco.